In an effort to combat my sentimental side, the (big) part of me that is struggling with my little guy turning one this week, I’ve been thinking about all of the many wonderful things we have to look forward to as he gets older – it turns out there are a lot!
Here’s my list.
- Board game nights – I know this won’t be for a while, but it is my number one, I am such a board game nerd, love them
- Family camping trips
- Cooking / baking with James
- Hearing all of the funny things he will say
- Hearing him say “I love you”
- Seeing what his interests are
- More freedom to go out with my husband or friends
- Arts and crafts time! I’m so unartistic, but I LOVE to color.
- Playground dates
- Trips to the zoo where he actually likes the animals
- Watching him ride bikes with my husband
- Buying little shoes! Now that he’s starting to walk, I should probably get on that.
- Movie nights
- Taking him to his first football game (hook ’em horns!)
- Watching him trick or treat
- Everything about Christmas with a toddler
- Reading him Frog and Toad, and someday Harry Potter
- Watching him learn to read on his own
- Watching him (hopefully) become a big brother some day
- Seeing him see snow for the first time, and go sledding!
- Watching him make little friends
If you have older kids (or work with kids), what’s one of your favorite things about the toddler stage?