It’s that time again! First, here’s a recap of last month’s goals. I have to say, they went better than usual, although I think it’s mostly just because I’m setting more realistic goals. #thinksmall
- Set an alarm clock: Success! I set my alarm for 5 or 5:30, depending on how much I had to do, Monday through Thursday all month except for a few days when my father in law was visiting. I got so much more done and felt much less stressed. I’m a major morning person and have trouble doing creative things like writing later in the day, so I did most of my writing in these early morning hours. Also, not setting an alarm Friday through Sunday kept me from getting too exhausted. I definitely plan to continue this going forward.
- Run twice a week: I didn’t keep track, but I mostly did this. Now I need to get better about rolling / stretching my injured foot because I’m definitely feeling it.
- Finish James’s Baby Book: I finished and ordered the first half of his baby book (I’m making it on Shutterfly and it’s too many pages for one book). I still need to finish the second half, but am hoping to get that done soon because I have a great coupon expiring October 15.
- Plan Backyard Updates: I did not really do this. I did some preliminary research on improving grass and got overwhelmed and stopped. I did plant some more flowers though, so it’s looking a little better!
- Make Montessori work for James: I am super uncrafty, but this post has so many great ideas for simple Montessori work for 12-14 month olds and I would love to spend some time making some of it for James.
- Work on long-term writing projects: I’ve started doing some freelance writing, which I am SO excited about, but I also have a couple of personal long-term writing projects that I really don’t want to lose sight of. I’m hoping to set aside one day a week to work on those.
- Find / make fun recipes for James: I was doing great with this for a while, but I lately I feel like I’ve been scrambling a bit with James’s meals (when he’s not eating what we’re eating) and I’d really like to make some new fun things for him, especially to have for lunch. My friend Laura sent me this website, which looks so great, I just need to spend some time on there!
- Choose a half marathon plan: I’ve been running a bit more lately, but still haven’t mapped out any actual plan for the half I’m running with my brother in Januray. It’s been so long since I’ve run any sort of distance race and I know I need to give myself plenty of time to build up mileage, so I’m hoping to choose a plan soon.
And that’s all I’ve got! Keeping it simple as usual.
Do you have any goals for the month?