In addition to the obvious fact that he now toddles everywhere, I have seen so many sign that James is no longer a baby and has officially reached toddlerhood. I used to think this would make me sad, but I can’t be sad about it when he’s so much fun these days!
Here are ten signs I’ve noticed that let me know his baby days are gone.
- He has a special radar for finding anything in the room that might be off limits. This mostly includes cords, electronics, and climbing on tables.
- He throws little mini tantrums when something doesn’t go his way, making his body limp, and throwing his little head back with such drama. He did this ALL week last week as he was teething and by the end of the week, he’d learned to throw himself on the floor, but carefully lower his head down so as not to bump.
- He looks at me with the biggest, most mischievous smile before doing something he’s not supposed to
- He’s fascinated by putting food in his little water glass – so gross
- He has started helping! He loves choosing a diaper from his basket when he needs one, handing me my shoes if I ask, and will sometimes help pick up legos or spilled Cheerios, it’s the best 🙂
- He is always on the go, but gives the best hugs when if he ever slows down. I call him my reluctant cuddle buddy.
- He is getting so many little bumps and bruises, mainly from going too fast or not looking where he’s going.
- He loves playgrounds! This is something I really looked forward to and I’m so happy that the age of playground dates has arrives 🙂 He loves going down the slide and generally exploring and collecting rocks and sticks.
- He thinks any and all bodily functions are hilarious. Unless he’s tired and they they’re terrible and make him cry….
- He is fascinated by small objects. One of his favorite pastimes is collecting little rocks and sticks and trying to pick up bugs. It is so sweet, but tricky to keep them out of his mouth!
Any advice from toddler mamas?
Any good book recommendations on toddler development?